Bourne Abbey and Parish Church
Sunday, August 12 Eleventh Sunday after Trinity
Please pray for:
The parish and deanery: for Father Chris, Fr. Peter on his return from sabbatical, for Fr. Hall, Cano David Staples and our Ministry Team. For the Colsterworth Group and Ringstone in Aveland benefice in interregnum; and also for the Edenham benefice when Fr. Andy when he retires later this year.
Those married here yesterday: Simon Hall and Emma Haslam, and those being baptised today: Theodore Thorley, Alexander Pugh; and Lucas Jedinak.
Peace and goodwill within and between nations: especially for peace between Israel and Palestine: For the people in Iraq and Afghanistan in their struggles against extremeism. We also pray for the continuing situations in Yemen and Myanmar; and for those in refugee camps for the displaced from these areas.
We remember those suffering hunger, disease and oppression; especially those people suffering from the present crisis situations of shortage of food, water and medicines, particularly in Syria, Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen, Somalia and Kenya; for those in our own country who are homeless, hungry and in need of support.
For those whose illness or recovery is long term:
- Nichola Shaw, Jean Livesey, Fr. John Francis, Rosemary Hopkins, Sadie Pick, Lorraine Etches, Peggy Pateman, Joyce Reeson, Ron Macey, Robert Fuller, Arthur Lightfoot, Margaret Shaw, Jim Moody, Jasmine Farrow, Gordon Muspratt, Paul Woodman and Dennis Read.
For those whose illness is acute, or are awaiting operation: - Jean Gagne.
For those recently added to our prayer board:
- Natalia, Emily, Andrew, Barrie, Marilyn and Trevor, Geoff and Fay, Kay, Liam and Togan, jan, Tyler, Peter and Elizabeth.
- for the recently departed: Jean and George Parrish; Betty James and Graham Luesby.
- also for those whose anniversaries fall during this week: Evelyne Allen (13th), Edward Livesey, John Mason (14th), Darren Fuller, Audrey Gordon, Margaret Haggetty (16th), Harvey Burrell, Jean Burgin (18th).
We welcome all to our services today, including those newly resident in our town and those visiting. If you are a visitor and receive Communion in your own church, you are most welcome to receive the Sacrament here. If you wish to receive a blessing instead, please bring your service sheet with you when you come up to the altar.
Services this week:
Today - 8am Said Holy Communion
- 10am Sung Eucharist (Common Worship)
Thursday - 10am Said Eucharist (BCP) - The Assumption of Our Lady.
See external notice board and this website for details of Morning and Evening Prayer and times of funeral services and other events (such as rehearsals) in the Abbey.
Saturday 15 September: Folk Evening with Dean & Co in the Abbey Church Hall, 7.30pm to 10.30pm. Tickets at £10 from Mrs J Smith on 01778 422219to include Supper. Please bring your own drinks.
Saturday 29 September: day Pilgrimage to Walsingham
Again by popular request, a trip to the Shrine at Walsingham in Norfolk has been organised to leave Bourne at 8.10am and return approx. 6pm. The cost of the coach is £12.50 per person. Lunch can be arranged for £11.50 or you can bring your own packed lunch. Please let Fr. Peter know if you would like to book a place (423730)